- NSW Diabetes: Ambassador for 8 years: Diabetes NSW is Australia’s largest member based non-profit organisation dedicated to people living with or at risk of diabetes. Our priority is their health and well-being, enabling them to live their lives well through positive support and education – every step of the way. As well as helping to prevent diabetes, its complications and improve people’s lives on a day-to-day basis, we support crucial research into finding better treatments and a cure for diabetes.
- Danii Meads–Barlow Foundation: Diabetes Ambassador https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uo-zdqJxRw
Is to raise funds to lobby industry and government to introduce latest technologies, at an affordable price, that assist in the management of type 1 diabetes. The specific objective is to complement the management of the disease by way of affordable alarm systems enabling carers to be alerted to anomalies in blood glucose levels to prevent life threatening hypoglycaemia or hyperglycaemia.
- Special Olympics Northern California: Ambassador 15 years: Special Olympics is the world’s largest sports organisation for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, providing year-round training and competitions to more than 4.2 million athletes in 170 countries.
- Jack Newton Celebrity Golf Classic: celebrity participant for 14 years ongoing: Raising funds for Australian Junior Golf and Diabetes Foundation
- Vail Valley Foundation: invited guest for 15 years ongoing: The Vail Valley Foundation is a non-profit responsible for enhancing and sustaining the Vail Valley through arts, athletics and education programs.
- Camp Quality Australia: a celebrity dinner host The children’s family cancer charity that believes in bringing optimism and happiness to the lives of children and families affected by cancer through fun therapy and education.
- Foxtel Lap: celebrity participant Raising funds for the Murdoch Children’s Medical Research Institute
- Adam Gilchrist – Stumping Serious Disease Cricket Match: Yearly participant in the celebrity cricket game. Stumping Serious Diseases is the UOW’s flagship fundraising event. The event assists in supporting UOW’s medical research teams in their mission to improve the lives of children in the local region.
- Real Men Cook for Odyssey House: Odyssey House is dedicated to the provision of a dynamic and diverse range of services to our clients who are adults with alcohol and other drug dependencies who frequently have chronic health, behavioural and psychological issues. Participation from celebrity ambassador Justin melvey to host the lunch and serve attending sponsors. Channel 7 News host Chris Bath compared the event which raised just over AUD$65,000.
- Australia Day Ambassador: Yearly participate: The Australia Day Council of NSW was established by the NSW Government in 1981 following the formation of the National Australia Day Council in 1979. With the approach of the Australian Bicentenary in 1988 and the significant amount of energy and coordination that would require, ADCNSW was tasked with delivering quality, creative, innovative and diverse community events and being the custodian for sharing and enhancing Australian identity and culture.
The vision of ADCNSW is to inspire national spirit and enrich the life of the nation. The Council works with and for the community to unite the people of NSW in celebration, promote excellence in service to the nation and leads discussion and debate to build our shared future.